Data Governance
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to write structured streaming

espenol
New Contributor III

Without streaming everything works fine. When I try to set up some example structured streaming in my company's new Databricks workspace (we're trying it out) I can't seem to figure out the correct way to save it/write to storage.

Please see the picture below. I don't think my code is correct. I tried to adapt some code I found. If I include the .table line (in the writeStream) then I get the error message as shown. The error message is so unclear I have no idea what I'm supposed to do. If I comment the .table line, then it will initialize the stream, create the directory in adls gen2 storage but never complete, just stuck at "Initializing stream". I do want the .table line though so I can specify catalog, schema and table name of the table.

We are using Unity Catalog and it works fine for normal non-streaming workloads, reading from the same files as this stream does and writing to the same storage accounts+containers.

code and error message

2 REPLIES 2

Rishabh264
Honored Contributor II

hey you code is correct , and after analyzing the error you got , is i guess you dont have a write access to that storage account or path , you only have the read permission not the write permission

refer this link ,

https://docs.databricks.com/external-data/azure-storage.html

Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi, This can be an issue where Storage Blob Data contributor role is missing. Please refer: https://docs.databricks.com/external-data/azure-storage.html

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.