Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I added a secret scope to the databricks environment, and I get this error when trying to run either of the following:

haylee
New Contributor II

Commands Attempted:

dbutils.secrets.listScopes()

dbutils.secrets.get(scope = "{InsertScope}", key = "{InsertKey}") 

Error:

"

shaded.v245.com.fasterxml.jackson.core.JsonParseException: Unexpected character ('<' (code 60)): expected a valid value (number, String, array, object, 'true', 'false' or 'null')"

I have not seen any similar posts online. Please advise on what the error could be.

4 REPLIES 4

Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi, Most probably it is not able to retreive the list. Could you please reverify if you have followed steps in https://docs.databricks.com/security/secrets/secret-scopes.html. Please let us know if this doesn't help.

haylee
New Contributor II

Hello, all of the steps in the document have been followed. I am able to confirm the secret scope has been created, and able list the secrets through calling the API. We are still receiving the same error when attempting to listScopes() or get a secret as example shows above

jose_gonzalez

Hi @Haylee Gaddy​,

Just a friendly follow-up. Did any of the responses help you to resolve your question? if it did, please mark it as best. Otherwise, please let us know if you still need help.

No, the problem still persists.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.