Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job aborted due to stage failure: Input buffer size 0 for bloom filter is not power of 2

robert37201
New Contributor II

Query works great in a notebook, fails in Classic SQL Warehouse (photon enabled) with that error. Tables are relatively small. Just don't know where to begin understanding that error, google wasn't much help and Query History doesn't give me anything but that error text.

3 REPLIES 3

robert37201
New Contributor II

I found a union deep in the query that was returning no rows and I think must be triggering some confusion in Photon.

Lakshay
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Robert McCartney​ , This issue has been reported in the past. We are working on a fix for this issue. Meanwhile, you can run this query without photon enabled. This should probably resolve the issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Robert McCartney​ 

We haven't heard from you since the last response from @Lakshay Goel​ ​, and I was checking back to see if his suggestions helped you.

Or else, If you have any solution, please share it with the community, as it can be helpful to others. 

Also, Please don't forget to click on the "Select As Best" button whenever the information provided helps resolve your question.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.