DELETE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resources to prepare for Data Engineer Professional certification

Sree99
New Contributor II

I have been doing self paced training "Advanced Data Engineering" in databricks as part of preparation for Data Engineer Professional certification. However, I realised the training is too simplified for the certification objectives.

Are there any other resources or methods to finish the certification successful?

5 REPLIES 5

FJ
Contributor III

Being asking this question for months. There was an ILT training on the last week of April but they canceled it citing they needed to restructure the course. No practice exams, nothing around, it's practically a shot in the dark. I got a voucher and used it for taking a shot (in the dark 😞 I'd add). Will see how it goes. A huge percentage of the first takers failed it due to missing materials to prepare for it

Vsleg
Contributor

I passed the exam last week and I strongly advise to complement the Advanced Data Engineering courses with the Apache Spark Developer Learning path. It's also very useful to not just take the courses but also look through Spark/Databricks documentation the courses link to. A lot of the questions require a deep understanding of what happens in back-end in terms of optimizations etc. Taking the courses alone and going through the labs won't get you far in my opinion...Timing is also limited with 2hours for 60questions, so you won't have a ton of time to think about every question.

Sree99
New Contributor II

Congrats for passing the exam.Thank you for sharing!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Sree D​ 

Thank you for reaching out! 

Please submit a ticket to our Training Team here: https://help.databricks.com/s/contact-us?ReqType=training  and our team will get back to you shortly. 

DK03
Contributor

Well, I have been looking for the preparation materials since December. Seems like Databricks needs to plan things.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.