cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Administration & Architecture
Explore discussions on Databricks administration, deployment strategies, and architectural best practices. Connect with administrators and architects to optimize your Databricks environment for performance, scalability, and security.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to Azure Databricks deployed using Vnet injection over Public Internet

GS24
New Contributor II

I'm trying to connect to Azure Databricks (deployed using Vnet injection method) from a 3rd party service running on Azure in the same region. When I try to connect using the Databricks hostname directly in my connection the host name always resolves to a privatelink address. Is this the expected behaviour? Does this mean that for any Databricks on Azure deployed with Vnet injection we can only connect via Azure Private Links?

3 REPLIES 3

arpit
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

GS24
New Contributor II

@arpit thanks for the link and I did review the doc. But it doesn't really say whether it its always required to use an Azure Private Link to connect to databricks deployed with Vnet injection method from a 3rd party service also on deployed on Azure. 

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! Thanks a bunch for being part of our awesome community! 🎉 

We love having you around and appreciate all your questions. Take a moment to check out the responses – you'll find some great info. Your input is valuable, so pick the best solution for you. And remember, if you ever need more help , we're here for you! 

Keep being awesome! 😊🚀

Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!