cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Administration & Architecture
Explore discussions on Databricks administration, deployment strategies, and architectural best practices. Connect with administrators and architects to optimize your Databricks environment for performance, scalability, and security.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

One Azure Tenant with Multiple Azure Databricks Accounts

stevanovic
New Contributor

Hi there,

We have one Azure tenant with multiple subscriptions. Each subscription is a project for itself.

At this moment, we have only one Azure Databricks account, and all workspaces (created under different subscriptions) are associated with it.

Can I create an additional Azure Databricks account and associate new Azure subscriptions (or new Azure Databricks workspaces) with it? Or is it possible to migrate already existing subscriptions/workspaces to the newly create Azure Databricks account?

At this point, it is not clear for me what's the relation between a Databricks Account and Azure Tenant/Subscription/Azure Databricks workspace.

Thank you!

Milan

1 REPLY 1

radothede
Contributor

hello @stevanovic ,

as far as I understand, in Azure, you can create one databricks account per tenant, meaning for example unity catalog is also tenant-level resource.

There is a fantastic blog post available here:

https://community.databricks.com/t5/technical-blog/isolation-of-environments-on-the-databricks-data-...  

Hope this helps!

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group