cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Administration & Architecture
Explore discussions on Databricks administration, deployment strategies, and architectural best practices. Connect with administrators and architects to optimize your Databricks environment for performance, scalability, and security.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Azure Container Does Not Exist" when cloning repositories in Azure Databricks

ptco
New Contributor

Good Morning, I need some help with the following issue:

I created a new Azure Databricks resource using the vnet-injection procedure. (here)

I then proceeded to link my Azure Devops account using a personal account token. 

If I try to clone a repository I get an error message saying:

The Azure container does not exist

From other occurrences of the same error message in the community I seem to understand that this is something associated with the Unity Catalog, however even when I remove the workspace from the Unity Catalog I get the same error.

Many Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ptco

• Let’s check a few things:
    • Ensure that your Azure DevOps account token is correctly configured in your Databricks workspace.
    • Verify that the repository you’re trying to clone exists and is accessible.
    • Double-check the Unity Catalog settings to ensure there are no lingering references causing the issue.

ptco
New Contributor

Hi @Kaniz_Fatma many thanks for your reply.

I have verified that repository works in another (older) databricks workspace. When I try to clone into a new databricks instance, it creates subfolders but won't copy the files. I have attached a screencap of the error message for your convenience.

How do I check the Unity Catalog settings for lingering references? The account admin removed this workspace from the Unity Catalog, is there anywhere else where we should be looking at?

Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!