cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Databricks Data Analyst exam

Kmif
New Contributor

Dear Reader,

I would like to bring your attention to my experience with undertaking the exam today.

I was told by my colleagues about such procedures as not looking elsewhere apart from my screen and that at one point in the exam a proctor will check that the room is clean from disqualifying material however I did not expect the mistreatment that I was given during this exam. The proctor started out with telling me to show the desk my laptop was placed on which I did as required. Then the proctor proceeded to threaten me with suspending the exam since in their opinion I was not doing what I was told. This was not the case! The room I was doing the exam in was small and therefore I could only go far back as the room would allow me but the desk was clearly in sight! 

Then the proctor proceeded to tell me whether I required the instructions to be in another language which was quite shocking as in that state I took this as an insult on my English language abilities. This keeping in mind that English is my shared first language and the proctor themselves displayed poor English language abilities in the chat. 

When the proctor was finally satisfied with me showing her the desk I proceeded to show her other parts of the room in which she noticed a cctv camera. This was again very shocking to me as many before me have performed their exam without any issues in this room and I was being stopped (perhaps unfairly). Then the proctor asked me to move to a different room which of course would not have been fully possible had the boarding room been occupied. I managed to change rooms and then the proctor asked me to show the room again to them. They as well gave me various instructions to clean the desk from the markers that were on the desk and other stationery etc. This not to mention that the proctor asked me several times to keep my eyes on the screen which I did the entire time! 

In conclusion, I proceeded to do the test which I failed by such a small margin that I completely attribute this to the chaos that this proctor created just at the first portion of my exam. This led me to be completely frantic during the rest of the time. I would like some feedback from the Databricks team to help me reschedule an exam for free or in the least if this helps another person not to go through I went through I would have accomplished my aim!

Please consider my plea,

Regards,

Kristina Mifsud

1 REPLY 1

Cert-Team
Honored Contributor III
Honored Contributor III

Hi @Kmif I'm very sorry to hear you had this experience. In order to protect your privacy, please file a ticket with our support team. They will need your Webassessor login, and the date of your exam to investigate and find a resolution. 

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.