Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Discussions
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

column "storage_sub_directory" is now always NULL in system.information_schema.tables

GeKo
New Contributor II

Hello,

I am running a job that depends on the information provided in column storage_sub_directory in system.information_schema.tables .... and it worked until 1-2 weeks ago.

Now I discovered in the doc that this column is deprecated and always null , was there an announcement about that change (and if yes, where) ?

3 REPLIES 3

JessicaS
New Contributor II

Same issue here - we were using this to join to our S3 inventory files to determine the top tables to optimize and vacuum. Started failing about 2 weeks ago

NandiniN
Valued Contributor II
Valued Contributor II

Hello,

Linking the documentation - https://docs.databricks.com/en/sql/language-manual/information-schema/tables.html#definition

STORAGE_SUB_DIRECTORY

STRING

Yes

No

Deprecated. Always NULL.

GeKo
New Contributor II

Hello @NandiniN ,

many thanks for your reply.

The official doc I already know and I am aware that *suddenly* the storage_sub_directory is always NULL.

But now I need a solution from where I can get this information ? is the storage_sub_directory in another system.information_schema table/view ... or from where to extract this information now ??

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.