cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Asset Bundles from Workspace for CI/CD

AxelM
Visitor

Hello there,

I am exploring the possibilities for CI/CD from a DEV-Workspace to PROD. Besides the Notebooks (which can easily be handled by the GIT-provider) I am mainly interested in the Deployment o Jobs/Clusters/DDl...

I can nowhere find a tutorial how to use the existing Workspace and combine it into a bundle will all these assets. How can this be achieved?
My goal would be to still develop on the workspace > Wrap it all in a bundle (using VSC-Extension) and then deploy it on the prod-workspace.

Thanks for your help

Axel

1 REPLY 1

datastones
Contributor

i think the dab mlop stack template is pretty helpful re: how to bundle, schedule and trigger custom jobs

https://docs.databricks.com/en/dev-tools/bundles/mlops-stacks.html

you can bundle init it locally and it should give you the skeleton of how to bundle everything together.

re: ci/cd as long as you generate the access token from your databricks workspace and save it as an env secrets on github, you should be able to trigger a github actions of your dab.

hope this helps!

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group