Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone give me a hand with Azure quotas and Databricks?

New Contributor II

I'm trying to use databricks learning and go through the various lessons using my Azure pay-as-you-go account. IT's been super frustrating because I'm constantly hitting quota limits. First it was Regional vCPUs, then dedicated, now 'low priority' (which don't even seem to be something I can request).

I never know what these requirements are until I hit them, and most of the time I then have to put in a support ticket with Azure which takes DAYS to complete. These are small requests, like going from 10 to 16 CPUs, basically the equivalent of an iPhone 12 that I'm going to use for all of an hour or two.

It's making working with this nearly impossible.

Can someone give me some basic guidance if they've worked through these challenges in the past?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi, it is the same classic problem in all vendors. In every new account in Azure, AWS, or GCC I go through the same story 🙂 Or even worse as I had to wait for 24h sometimes.

Just a little advice. Maybe you still have unused virtual machines running,

• stop clusters,
  • in pools set idle instances to 0,
  • delete your SQL warehouse, when you stop only they are still running as idle

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi, it is the same classic problem in all vendors. In every new account in Azure, AWS, or GCC I go through the same story 🙂 Or even worse as I had to wait for 24h sometimes.

Just a little advice. Maybe you still have unused virtual machines running,

• stop clusters,
  • in pools set idle instances to 0,
  • delete your SQL warehouse, when you stop only they are still running as idle

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @user_bfe431b2 erithtotl​ ​, We haven’t heard from you since the last response from @Hubert Dudek​ , and I was checking back to see if you have a resolution yet.

If you have any solution, please share it with the community as it can be helpful to others. Otherwise, we will respond with more details and try to help.

Also, Please don't forget to click on the "Select As Best" button whenever the information provided helps resolve your question.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @user_bfe431b2 erithtotl​ 

Does @Hubert Dudek​  and @Kaniz Fatma​ 's response answer your question?

If yes, would you be happy to mark it as best so that other members can find the solution more quickly?

We'd love to hear from you.

Thanks!

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.