Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certified Data Engineer Associate - v2 vs. v3 (Databricks Academy)

johnb1
New Contributor III

Which version of the Data Engineering with Databricks learning plan should I do? v2 or v3?

Is there a Certified Data Engineer Associate V3 Exam already?

Where can I find practice exams for Certified Data Engineer Associate V3?

13 REPLIES 13

Aviral-Bhardwaj
Esteemed Contributor III

@johnb please go through both only because right now you have the option to select an exam .so it is totally your choice what you want to select

Also for the practice exam please go through the below link

it will give you a good overview

https://files.training.databricks.com/assessments/practice-exams/PracticeExam-DataEngineerAssociate....

if you like my answer please upvote it

Thanks

Aviral Bhardwaj

huyd
New Contributor III

I studied, using both. If you intended on writing the V2, which is still available, you could use V2 or V3, where the V3 course will touch on more topics. I would suggest studying the V3 and writing the V3, it covers more topics, as more features have been implemented, since the V2. If you have handle on V3, you should be able to write either V2 or V3.

There is a listed:

practice exam

which is a good approximation of some of the questions you'll get on either test.

acastagnara
New Contributor III

@Huy do​  Does the practice exam you attached refer to v2 or v3?

Thanks

huyd
New Contributor III

its whats posted by Databricks, so, I can’t really confirm, but when I wrote the exam (v2), I encountered similar type questions.

acastagnara
New Contributor III

So what is the difference between the two versions? I completed the learning plan a month or so ago and I'm about to take the certification, but now I'm confused about which one to sign up for.

Thanks to whoever can clarify.

Aviral-Bhardwaj
Esteemed Contributor III

hey @Alberto Castagnara​  connect with me on LinkedIN https://www.linkedin.com/in/aviralb/

I have something that I can share with you

Aviral I started following you on LinkedIn (you might have already too many connections). I can’t message you as I don’t have premium. Please message at my profile http://linkedin.com/in/alberto-castagnara-483948157

thanks

please add me , I sent you request

labtech
Valued Contributor II

For me, I think you should take the latest version of the exam (version 3).

Devarsh
Contributor

I would suggest to go for V3 because the course Data Engineering with Databricks (V3) is the latest version as of now and was released on 14th October 2022. So, this version would have more topics in comparison to V2

youssefmrini
Honored Contributor III
Honored Contributor III

Hello I took the exam V3 few days ago as part of the Beta Program. My recommendation is taking the latest version of the course to maximize your chance getting the certification. The changes are not that big but they are tailored to make sure that you have the big picture as a Data Engineer.

labtech
Valued Contributor II

@Youssef Mrini​  Just small question, why did you take the version 3 of this exam as beta instead of offical. Because I see there are two version 3 of Databricks Data Engineer in the exam page the first one in the offical section and the second one in the beta section. 😀

Frank_Tao
New Contributor II

I would suggest choose v3 - it was latest version and covered more topic.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.