cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Encountering an error while accessing dbfs root folders

Sathish_itachi
New Contributor III

dbfs file browser storagecontext com.databricks.backend.storage.storagecontexttype$dbfsroot$@4155a7bf for workspace 2818007466707254 is not set in the customerstorageinfo

above is the error displayed on the ui

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

This was a global issue and this is fixed now!

View solution in original post

janin
New Contributor III

Thank you itโ€™s working now 

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

Yyyyy
New Contributor III

i am also getting the same error while trying to load the Csv file

error discription - StorageContext
com.databricks.backend storage. StorageContextType$DbfsRoots@42fa5c for workspace 4306807171088769 is not set in the Customer Storageinfo.

janin
New Contributor III

Databricks community edition is not allowing upload files into dbfs. throwing error "Error Occurred when processing file xxx:[Object]"

Sathish_itachi
New Contributor III

Yes same error showing for me too does it solved for u?

aryan0312
New Contributor II

i am also getting the same error-

StorageContext com.databricks.backend.storage.StorageContextType$DbfsRoot$@1eaf3184 for workspace 828965121936018 is not set in the CustomerStorageInfo

taiwaich
New Contributor II

Myself and others are getting this same error. My DBFS repository is empty and am unable to drop any files into DBFS. Getting error message "Failed to store the result. Try rerunning the command.

Failed to upload command result to DBFS. Error message: Status code: 301 Moved Permanently, Error message" when running notebooks to access previously available DBFS files.

Does u know any update abt it? When it will be resolved or is it temporary or not

Lokesh2
New Contributor II

I am unable to run any block of code on community also not able to access the DBFS. getting below error message when running any cmd.

Failed to store the result. Try rerunning the command.

Failed to upload command result to DBFS. Error message: Status code: 301 Moved Permanently, Error message: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <Error><Code>PermanentRedirect</Code><Message>The bucket you are attempting to access must be addressed using the specified endpoint. Please send all future requests to this endpoint.</Message><Endpoint>command-results.s3.amazonaws.com</Endpoint><Bucket>command-results</Bucket><RequestId>Z2183ZN5ZNCHA8KK</RequestId><HostId>dL5vVl6N0guEzpgrJc1jgqK4tCrb2mjSEQrK1kEUsv5p4YScvO+yf0Bul1tGL8PwEhM1bx5LehI=</HostId></Error>

Sanjay80
New Contributor II

I am getting error too. Any luck in resolving the same

MaddieZheng
New Contributor II

I am getting error too. Can anybody help solve this problem? Last year I uploaded smoothly TAT....I used it to complete my assignment in December last year. Why doesn't it work now? Plz save my project !!!!!!! ๐Ÿ˜ซ๐Ÿ˜ซ๐Ÿ˜ญ

mrp12
New Contributor II

try uploading your file to S3 and then access it via databricks. 

Sathish_itachi
New Contributor III

is there an option to upload data into S3? if you know reply me how to

It doesn't solve until now what abt u? is it solved for u

it was a global issue. It is not resolved. 

pintu_tagi
New Contributor II

I am also facing the same error 

"DBFS file browser

StorageContext com.databricks.backend.storage.StorageContextType$DbfsRoot$@XXXXX for workspace XXXXXXXXXX is not set in the CustomerStorageInfo."

"Upload Error
Error occurred when processing file XXX.csv: [object Object]

Can someone from the community please let me know is this temporary thing (it seems every one is facing this in this thread)  or is this permanent error for community edition ? And are people with subscription also facing this error ? 

Pls help. Thankyou.  

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group