Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extract cluster usage tags from databricks cluster init script

Ravikumashi
Contributor

Is it possible we extract cluster usage tags from databricks cluster init script, I am specifically interested in spark.databricks.clusterUsageTags.clusterAllTags.

I tried to extract from /databricks/spark/conf/spark.conf and /databricks/spark/conf/spark-default.conf but I get a error saying no such directory.

It would be great if you can help on this

2 REPLIES 2

Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi, For reference: https://community.databricks.com/t5/data-engineering/pull-cluster-tags/td-p/19216 , could you please confirm the key expectation here? Extracting as such? 

@Debayan  thank you for your reply.

Reference link helps to get the cluster usage tags from notebook when the cluster is completly up and running.

Our requirement is to extract cluster usage tags during the cluster initiation and pass this info to spark layout for azure databricks spark monitoring jar(12.2 lts).

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.