Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature request: It is possible to add comments to both databricks sql databases and tables. It would be really usefull if these comments could show u...

Erik
Valued Contributor II

Feature request:

It is possible to add comments to both databricks sql databases and tables. It would be really usefull if these comments could show up (if they are provided) in PowerBI when one connects to the Databricks SQL endpoint, e.g. in this window:

bildeI dont know if its Microsoft or Databricks which maintains the powerbi connector though, but you guys might have a say towards MS, and it would definitely help when we want to expose data to a wide range of users.

4 REPLIES 4

-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III

Feature requests are best posted in https://docs.databricks.com/resources/ideas.html.

I'd try to post in the powerbi ideas too.

(On Azure you might have issues with the ideas url of databricks, I have anyways).

Erik
Valued Contributor II

Good idea! I made a powerbi idea here, everyone who agrees with the idea should go vote for it! (@Hubert Dudek​  😉 )

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

had problem with voting (it crushed several times) but finally manged 🙂

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

Nice idea! 🙂

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.