Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formatting on Databricks Alerts

Nick_Hughes
New Contributor III

Hi Guys. I have looked at the formatting options and I'm still struggling to work out how to best format the email body of a databricks alert. I want to be able to selectively choose columns from the query and dispaly them in a table. Or even if i can't selectively choose columns, just put all the results in a nicely formatted table. Please can someone advise how best to approach this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi @Nick Hughes​ , unfortunately, this is not available for now. We have a feature request for the same. DB-I-4105 - SQL Alerts: Formatting message body when creating Custom Template

This feature has been considered by our product team and it will be available in the future.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Nick Hughes! My name is Kaniz, and I'm the technical moderator here. Great to meet you, and thanks for your question! Let's see if your peers in the community have an answer to your question first. Or else I will get back to you soon. Thanks.

Nick_Hughes
New Contributor III

Hi thanks you for your response. It's quite urgent so if you have an example please can you share because there is next to zero documentation on how to do this

Nick_Hughes
New Contributor III

can you use jquery in the email body or just html? it seems i need to convert the json in to a table but I don't think I can do that in html?

Nick_Hughes
New Contributor III

@Kaniz Fatma​ could you please help in the absence of a community response please? 🙂

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Nick Hughes​ ,

Indeed. I'll get back to you shortly.

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Nick Hughes​ , The entire documentation is here:-

https://docs.databricks.com/sql/user/alerts/index.html

Nick_Hughes
New Contributor III

@Kaniz Fatma​  this doesn't help, I've read the documentation thoroughly already (unless you are saying it has been updated today). I'm specifically asking how you take this string parameter and format in to something at all readible?

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi @Nick Hughes​ , unfortunately, this is not available for now. We have a feature request for the same. DB-I-4105 - SQL Alerts: Formatting message body when creating Custom Template

This feature has been considered by our product team and it will be available in the future.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.