cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to migrate Git repos with DLT configurations

PrebenOlsen
New Contributor III

Hi!
I want to migrate all my databricks related code from one github repo to another. I knew this wouldn't be straight forward. When I copy my code for one DLT, I get the error

org.apache.spark.sql.catalyst.ExtendedAnalysisException: Table 'vessel_battery' is already managed by pipeline <pipeline ID>. A table can only be owned by one pipeline. Concurrent pipeline operations such as maintenance and full refresh will conflict with each other. Please rename the table 'vessel_battery' to proceed.

The tables are multi-terrabytes of data and should not be removed/overwritten. Is it possible to transfer the ownership of these tables? All DLT configs are setup using Databricks Asset Bundles. 

2 REPLIES 2

AmanSehgal
Honored Contributor III

Would cloning the tables help your cause? You could probably try shallow or deep cloning as per your requirement.

PrebenOlsen
New Contributor III

Does cloning take considerably less time then recreating the tables?

Can I resume append operations to a cloned table?

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.