Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating Databricks SQL with git repo

New Contributor II

Hello, I'm using Databricks premium version on GCP.

I've integrated my git repo (bitbucket) with Databricks successfully and I can read and write notebooks from it.

I'd like to do the same thing with Databricks SQL, but when I switch to SQL mode the repository field in the toolbar is gone.

Is there a way I can integrate my queries with my repo at the same way I'm doing with my notebooks?

Thank you,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

artsheiko
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

With a Unified Navigation, you can see all menu tabs via single unified menu. Once you need to trace sql query in git, you'll need simply create new .sql file in Repos and commit it

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi, I am not sure if I understood it correctly, but GIT integration with Databricks Repos is only part of Data Engineering as of now. https://docs.gcp.databricks.com/repos/index.html

Please let us know if this helps. Also, please tag @Debayan​ with your next comment so that I will get notified. Thank you!

artsheiko
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

With a Unified Navigation, you can see all menu tabs via single unified menu. Once you need to trace sql query in git, you'll need simply create new .sql file in Repos and commit it

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.