Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

IP address for accessing external SFTP server

ande
New Contributor

I am trying to pull in data to my Databricks workspace via an external SFTP server. I am using Azure for my compute. To access the SFTP server they need to whitelist my IP address. My IP address in Azure Databricks seems to be constantly changing from day to day.

What is the solution to get around this issue?

1 REPLY 1

Walter_C
Valued Contributor II
Valued Contributor II

Azure Databricks, like many cloud services, does not provide static IP addresses for outbound connections. This is because the compute resources are dynamically allocated and can change over time.

One potential workaround could be to use a Virtual Network (VNet) with a Network Address Translation (NAT) gateway. The NAT gateway can provide a stable outbound IP address. However, this would require additional setup and configuration in Azure, and may have additional costs.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.