Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

permission denied listing external volume when using vscode databricks extension

CDICSteph
New Contributor

hey, i'm using the Db extension for vscode (Databricks connect v2). When using dbutils to list an external volume defined in UC like so: 

dbutils.fs.ls("/Volumes/dev/bronze/rawdatafiles/")

i get this error: 
"databricks.sdk.errors.mapping.PermissionDenied: No operations allowed on this path..."

However, running the same statement in the Db workspace works fine. 

5 REPLIES 5

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for posting your question in our community! We are happy to assist you.

To help us provide you with the most accurate information, could you please take a moment to review the responses and select the one that best answers your question?

This will also help other community members who may have similar questions in the future. Thank you for your participation and let us know if you need any further assistance! 

lukasjh
New Contributor II

We still face the problem (UC enabled shared cluster). Is there any resolution? @Kaniz 

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @lukasjh

Remember to review your configuration and permissions carefully to resolve this issue. If you need further assistance, feel free to ask! 😊

•  

lukasjh
New Contributor II

Hi  @Kaniz,

thanks for your answer! Meanwhile we received the following answer from Azure Support: 

I have checked this internally and engaging the Databricks backline team and confirmed that, The Databrick connect does not support UC volume, and The Databricks engineering team is working on this, but we do not have any ETA as of now.

Can you confirm that accessing volumes should indeed not yet be possible using databricks-connect? 

Thanks

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.