cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pipeline in Community edition

AJDJ
New Contributor III

Hi there,

I'm learning Databricks using the community edition. I noticed I don't have way to practice the pipeline in community edition. (The icon below compute). Says I need to upgrade. Is there any way to practice pipeline and follow learning lessons in community edition?

Thanks.

AJ

5 REPLIES 5

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @AJ DJโ€‹ , There are certain limitations in the community edition. You need to upgrade the account. Thanks.

Please read the Databricks Community Edition FAQs.

PriyaAnanthram
Contributor III

Many features are not supported in community edition you may need to upgrade your version but if its just to practice there is a trial version that you may be able to leverage

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @AJ DJโ€‹ , We havenโ€™t heard from you since the last response from me and @Priya Ananthramโ€‹ , and I was checking back to see if you have a resolution yet.

If you have any solution, please share it with the community as it can be helpful to others. Otherwise, we will respond with more details and try to help.

Also, Please don't forget to click on the "Select As Best" button whenever the information provided helps resolve your question.

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

No, it is not possible. Please register a new Azure account. You will get 200 USD free and then register for Azure Databricks trial - free Premium for 14 days.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @AJ DJโ€‹ 

Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. 

We'd love to hear from you.

Thanks!

Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!