Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please bring back notebook names in google chrome tabs. This feature seemed to have disappeared within the last 24 hours. Now, each tab just reads &...

PJ
New Contributor III

Please bring back notebook names in google chrome tabs. This feature seemed to have disappeared within the last 24 hours. Now, each tab just reads "Databricks" at the top. I often have multiple databricks scripts open at the same time and it is really helpful to be able to distinguish between them without having to click on each individually.

9 REPLIES 9

PJ
New Contributor III

Speaking with my roomate who also uses Azure Databricks, this problem is not chrome-specific. It also is happening on Microsoft Edge.

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

hi @PJ Gibson​ I tried this in my workspaces and was able to reproduce it. This change was made as part of the platform release 3.73. I am checking with the engineering team if this can be made available again. I shall get back here once there is a response from them.

PJ
New Contributor III

Thank you!

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @PJ Gibson​, Just a friendly follow-up. Do you still need help? Please let us know.

PJ
New Contributor III

Hi @Kaniz Fatma​, the problem is still present. I don't necessarily need help, just would like to see that feature added back.

PJ
New Contributor III

@Kaniz Fatma​ , @Prabakar Ammeappin​ any updates on this issue? I'm still seeing tab names as "Databricks" on all of my open notebooks.

timwebber
New Contributor II

Still is an issue. Please fix.

PJ
New Contributor III

I think it may have JUST been fixed....seeing the notebook names right now

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

The fix has been pushed to all regions during their release maintenance window. So if your workspace is deployed with the new release, then you should be able to see the notebook names in the browser tab.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.