cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saprk UI not showing any running tasks

guruv
New Contributor III

HI,

I am running a Notebook job calling a JAR code (application code implmented in C#). in the Spark UI page for almost 2 hrs, it'w not showing any tasks and even the CPU usage is below 20%, memory usage is very small. Before this 2 hr window it shows taks and CPU usage.

from application code, it is writing to 2 tables. and before the 2 hr no task window, the data was already written to 1st table. after after this 2 hr window, it again started showing tasks for writing to 2 table.

job is running on 7.3 LTS with total 300 core and should be processing less than 40 million rows

Is this something UX issue Or actually the job was not doing any task. Attached is how UX shows.

I am trying to improve the performance, so any pointers on how to understand and optimize what job is doing this period will be helpful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Atanu
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Thus could be the issue with spark UI not syncing up with spark job. May be you can take a look at this - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/databricks/kb/scala/spark-ui-not-in-sync-with-job

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

in my opinion is problem with your code and architecture. It is not standard one so I think you need to keep debugging it.

guruv
New Contributor III

Thanksfor reply. Any pointer where/what should be looking for to troubleshoot this.

Atanu
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Thus could be the issue with spark UI not syncing up with spark job. May be you can take a look at this - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/databricks/kb/scala/spark-ui-not-in-sync-with-job

Atanu
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

If I understood the issue correctly .

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @guruv​ , Does @Atanu Sarkar​ 's response answer your query?

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.