Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Saving ipynb notebooks to git does not include output cells -- differs from export

GlennStrycker
New Contributor III

When I save+commit+push my .ipynb file to my linked git repo, I noticed that only the cell inputs are saved, not the output.  This differs from the .ipynb file I get when I choose "File / Export / iPython Notebook".  Is there a way to save the cell outputs in my git commit as well?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GlennStrycker
New Contributor III

I may have figured this out.  You need to allow output in the settings, which will add a .databricks file to your repo, then you'll need to edit the options on your notebook and/or edit the .databricks file to allow all outputs.

Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 3.42.15โ€ฏPM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 3.48.03โ€ฏPM.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

GlennStrycker
New Contributor III

I may have figured this out.  You need to allow output in the settings, which will add a .databricks file to your repo, then you'll need to edit the options on your notebook and/or edit the .databricks file to allow all outputs.

Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 3.42.15โ€ฏPM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 3.48.03โ€ฏPM.png

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.