cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

SQL Stored Procedure in Databricks

elgeo
Valued Contributor II

Hello. Is there an equivalent of SQL stored procedure in Databricks? Please note that I need a procedure that allows DML statements and not only Select statement as a function provides.

Thank you in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ELENI GEORGOUSIโ€‹ , That doesn't seem to be supported yet.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @elgeo , Thank you for your question and for using our Community for learning purposes.

There is no direct equivalent of SQL stored procedures in Databricks that allow DML statements. 

elgeo
Valued Contributor II

Hello @Kaniz Fatmaโ€‹. Thank you for your prompt reply. I have already read these articles. However my question is if there is a way to create an SP in Databricks and not call one through a jdbc connection. Thanks again

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ELENI GEORGOUSIโ€‹ , That doesn't seem to be supported yet.

Chris_Shehu
Valued Contributor III

Any updates on this? Are SPROC like features expected in the future? Or do stored SQL queries have all the same functionality? I know we can call those remotely. Thanks!

Meghala
Valued Contributor II

Thanks it's also helpfull to meโ€‹

Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!