Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syntax highlight support for python multiline SQL strings

flobib123
New Contributor III

I would like to know if a tool is available in Databricks to manage the SQL syntax highlight in text.

Like this VSCode plugin:

https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=ptweir.python-string-sql

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

flobib123
New Contributor III

Hello @Vidula Khanna​ ,

No, no one answered my question correctly, but I'm using PySpark now, so I'm not on this topic anymore.

But thank you for taking the time to answer me.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@flo bon​ : Yes, Databricks provides syntax highlighting for SQL in its notebooks. When you create a new notebook in Databricks, you can choose the language of the notebook, including SQL. Once you've created a SQL notebook, the syntax highlighting for SQL will be automatically enabled.

In addition to SQL, Databricks supports syntax highlighting for a variety of other languages, including Python, R, Scala, and more. You can also customize the syntax highlighting theme for your notebook by selecting a different theme from the "Display" menu in the notebook toolbar.

flobib123
New Contributor III

Thank you @Suteja Kanuri​ but my question is related to a SQL query in a string.

Like, if you have that:

Screenshot 2023-03-14 at 18.01.41

Anonymous
Not applicable

@flo bon​ : Please see if this helps.

If you want to adjust the color scheme or other settings for SQL syntax highlighting, you can do so by going to the notebook's settings. To access the notebook settings, click on the gear icon in the upper right corner of the notebook editor. In the settings menu, you can adjust various editor settings, including syntax highlighting.

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @flo bon​ ​​, We haven't heard from you since the last response from @Suteja Kanuri​​, and I was checking back to see if her suggestions helped you.

Or else, If you have any solution, please share it with the community, as it can be helpful to others. 

Also, Please don't forget to click on the "Select As Best" button whenever the information provided helps resolve your question.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @flo bon​ 

Thank you for your question! To assist you better, please take a moment to review the answer and let me know if it best fits your needs.

Please help us select the best solution by clicking on "Select As Best" if it does.

Your feedback will help us ensure that we are providing the best possible service to you.

Thank you!

flobib123
New Contributor III

Hello @Vidula Khanna​ ,

No, no one answered my question correctly, but I'm using PySpark now, so I'm not on this topic anymore.

But thank you for taking the time to answer me.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.