Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Uploading CSV to Databricks community edition

Khaled
New Contributor III

When I upload a csv file of size 1 GB from my PC the in the upload place, it is uploadโ€‹ing untill the file reach some point and disappear for example it reach 600 MB and disappear from that place

4 REPLIES 4

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi @Khaled ALZHARANIโ€‹ , as the community edition is free for learning there are certain limitations. To understand why this is failing, you can get the HAR traces while uploading the file. This will show you the progress and if it fails you might get the status in the HAR.

Khaled
New Contributor III

Where can I find HAR and is it a shortcut for what ?โ€‹

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

This is the procedure for Google Chrome. For other browsers, see G Suite Toolbox HAR Analyzer.

1. Open Google Chrome and go to the page where the issue occurs.
  2. In the Chrome menu bar, select View > Developer > Developer Tools.
  3. In the panel at the bottom of your screen, select the Network tab.
  4. Look for a round Record button in the upper left corner of the Network tab, and make sure it is red. If it is grey, click it once to start recording.
  5. Check the box next to Preserve log.
  6. Click Clear to clear out any existing logs from the Network tab.
  7. Reproduce the issue while the network requests are being recorded.
  8. After you reproduce and record the issue, right-click anywhere on the grid of network requests to open a context menu, select Save all as HAR with Content, and save the file to your computer.
  9. Analyze the file using the HAR Analyzer tool.

jose_gonzalez

Hi @Khaled ALZHARANIโ€‹ ,

I would also recommend to split up your CSV files into smaller files.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.