cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Governance
Join discussions on data governance practices, compliance, and security within the Databricks Community. Exchange strategies and insights to ensure data integrity and regulatory compliance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Erorr connecting to Databricks from ADF Delta Lake - Error message: Client Secret is invalid

saiV06
New Contributor III

Hi,

The client secret recently expired and I updated the configuration with the new secret. From then on, I'm not able to access the data from ADF using the delta lake component, and here is the error message I keep getting:

HTTP Error 401; url='https://login.microsoftonline.com/<tenant id>/oauth2/token' AADToken: HTTP connection to https://login.microsoftonline.com/<tenant id>/oauth2/token failed for getting token from AzureAD.; requestId='<req id>'; contentType='application/json; charset=utf-8'; response '{"error":"invalid_client","error_description":"AADSTS7000215: Invalid client secret provided. Ensure the secret being sent in the request is the client secret value, not the client secret ID, for a secret added to app '<app id>'

I'm not sure what else I'm missing, and I'm exhausted with all options provided online. All settings seem to be matching per the recommendations. I'm able to access the data from databricks sql and it has been working perfectly fine before the expiry. Any assistance here is much appreciated.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

saiV06
New Contributor III

Thank you for your response. I was able to fix the issue. I was using the secret only and not the secret id and as well confirmed that all settings were updated. I had to unmount and remount the storage locations after updating the client secret, which resolved the issue. It doesn't make any sense to me why would this be, but this is what fixed the issue.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @saiV06, To resolve this, ensure you're using the correct client secret value, not the client secret ID. Verify the secret value, especially if it contains special characters, and ensure they are correctly encoded. Update the client secret in all relevant configurations, including your ADF and other services. If issues persist, regenerate a new client secret and update your settings. Also, check the Azure AD app registration to ensure it's correctly configured with the right application. If problems continue, review Azure AD logs. Let me know if you need any more help or if there’s anything else I can assist you with!

saiV06
New Contributor III

Thank you for your response. I was able to fix the issue. I was using the secret only and not the secret id and as well confirmed that all settings were updated. I had to unmount and remount the storage locations after updating the client secret, which resolved the issue. It doesn't make any sense to me why would this be, but this is what fixed the issue.

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group