cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OracleDB shared Cluster / DBFS on Unity Catalog Cluster

BananaHotSauce
New Contributor III

Hello,

im trying to use oracledb on my cluster and having issues using it.

An init script on the cluster fixed this issue.

Now, im trying to create a shared cluster with unity catalog and have oracledb in it.

I encountered issues having this.

- Init scripts are not available on shared clusters.

My initial solution to this is to run the init script from the DBFS on my notebook.

Im not able to access the file from the dbfs.

Any idea how should i do it or what am i doing wrong?

3 REPLIES 3

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

image.pngThe shared cluster (User isolation) on Unity Catalog doesn't have this functionality.

Thanks for this. I figured i would just put the init config file on the global init. Just tested now and it seems global init scripts do not run on shared UC Cluster? Is this another limitation of databricks?

Are there other ways to make oracledb work on an UC enabled Shared Cluster?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chris Joshua Manuel​ The support for init script, library installation, Machine Learning, UDF on shared cluster is in preview. Please submit this form to onboard your workspace for improved shared clusters preview.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfk6aJtTr1aGcVRuO0nusrzGpeK6VrVywhmzII7gSf56CtJ2w/viewform

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.