cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Governance
Join discussions on data governance practices, compliance, and security within the Databricks Community. Exchange strategies and insights to ensure data integrity and regulatory compliance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schema browser for hive_metastore not working

oteng
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am not able to access the schemas inside the hive_metastore in the schema browser inside the SQL Editor in Databricks SQL. I tried on 2 databricks instances. One has Unity Catalog enabled and I am able to access the other catalogs/schemas but not the hive_metastore. The other instance doesn't have Unity Catalog enabled and I am still not able to access the schemas inside the hive_metastore. It just keeps spinning.

I am able to query the tables inside the hive_metastore and I am able to access the schema if I go to the data tab. It's just the schema browser inside the SQL Editor in Databricks SQL that doesn't work for hive_metastore.

Am I doing something wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Aviral-Bhardwaj
Esteemed Contributor III

this is something weird, can we connect and solve your issue

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Aviral-Bhardwaj
Esteemed Contributor III

this is something weird, can we connect and solve your issue

Hi,

Thanks for responding.

Maybe I panicked too soon. I logged in this morning and it is working as expected in both Databricks workspace. Not sure if anything changed. I wasn't the only one experiencing this issue (at least 3 people in the company said they had the same issue in the same instance) which is why I thought it was some configuration issue. This lasted for at least 5-6 hours and restarting the computer and clearing the browser cache didn't do anything.

I'm not sure what happened but it's working for now.

Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!