Data Governance
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View column comments

isabelgontijo
New Contributor

As a way to minimize storage costs, my team and I want to create views instead of tables in the Gold layer.
We always try to improve the experience of our users by adding comments to the columns. the problem is that views do not inherit comments from their source columns and it is not allowed to add comments to them.

1 REPLY 1

luck_az
New Contributor III

Hi @isabelgontijo ,had you found any workaround this?You can use create view statement as mentioned below

In addition to this,i am  not able to add comment on column which is encrypted and in views we are decrypting that column. I am using create view statement to add comment,

create or replace view catalog_name.schema.table_name (column1 comment 'adfsds',column2 comment 'sdcbhbsjdcjs') comment 'bjsjcds' as select aesdecrypt_function(column1),aesdecrypt_function(column2) from table.
Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.