Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Databricks Academy Learners
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAQ for Databricks Learning Festival (Virtual): 29 February 2024 - 13 March 2024

s_park
Valued Contributor II
Valued Contributor II

General

Q: Where can I ask questions, if I have questions while going through the self-paced material?

A: Databricks Academy Learners Group page is the forum within Databricks Community, where you can ask questions and get them answered by your fellow learners. During the festival, we have selected Databricks experts to answer your questions. Please feel free to answer the questions from other learners as well — one of the best ways to master a subject or skill is to teach someone else.

Q: What is the duration of the Databricks Learning Festival (Virtual)?

A: It is from 29 February 2024 - 13 March 2024.

Q: Who can attend the Databricks Learning Festival (Virtual)?

A: It is meant for everyone, including Databricks customers, Databricks partners, and the general public.

Q: What training is offered as part of the Databricks Learning Festival (Virtual) and how can I enroll?

A: The following course(s) / learning plan(s) are offered for free as part of the Databricks Learning Festival (Virtual). To enroll, please follow the links below. [Note: You need a Databricks Academy account to enroll. If you don’t have one, sign up here.]

Data Engineering with Databricks
Data Engineer Learning Plan
Customers & Prospects | Partners
Advanced Data Engineering with Databricks
Data Engineer Learning Plan
Data Analysis with Databricks SQL
Data Analyst Learning Plan
Scalable Machine Learning with Apache Spark
Machine Learning Practitioner Learning Plan
Machine Learning in Production
Machine Learning Practitioner Learning Plan
Generative AI Engineering with Databricks
Generative AI Engineering Pathway

Q: Does the Databricks Learning Festival (Virtual) come with a hands-on lab environment?

A: No. ​​If you would like to learn with hands-on practice, you can always bring your own workspace to follow along with the self-paced content at your own pace. For more hands-on training options, please see our Public Training Schedule.

Q: I am an existing Databricks Academy user. How does this differ from the courses that I already have in Databricks Academy?

For whitelisted users/accounts, you may already have the same course contents, except the certification voucher offering. In addition, there are selected Databricks experts to help answer your questions in Databricks Community - Databricks Academy Learners Group, as you embark on this self-paced learning journey. This virtual festival has been developed to help you complete the training, expand your data and AI skills, prepare for Databricks certification exams, and elevate your career with Databricks. 

Vouchers

Q: What are the requirements or how can I qualify for the 50%-off Databricks certification voucher? 

A: A 50%-off Databricks certification voucher (worth US$100) will be given to the first 1,000 users who complete at least one of the above 6 courses within the duration of the virtual Databricks Learning Festival (i.e. 29 February 2024 - 13 March 2024). In other words, below are the requirements:

1. Complete at least one of the 6 courses above; AND
  2. Complete the course(s) within the duration of 29 February 2024 - 13 March 2024; AND
  3. Be the first 1,000 users to complete the course(s)

Q: If I complete multiple courses, can I get multiple vouchers?

A: No. Only one voucher will be given, whether the learner completes one or multiple course(s). For example, if you complete “Data Engineer Learning Plan - Data Engineering with Databricks” and “Generative AI Engineering Pathway - Generative AI Engineering with Databricks”, you will be eligible for 1 voucher. 

Q: How long is the voucher valid for?

A: The voucher will have a validity period of approximately 6 months. The expiry date is 30 September 2024. You need to schedule AND sit for the exam by this date. We strongly recommend booking the slots early on, since the exam slots may get filled up fast.

Q: Which exams can I use the voucher for?

A: The voucher is applicable for the following exams only:

• Databricks Certified Data Engineer Associate
  • Databricks Certified Data Engineer Professional
  • Databricks Certified Data Analyst Associate
  • Databricks Certified Machine Learning Associate
  • Databricks Certified Machine Learning Professional

Q: How can I receive the voucher and when can I receive it?

A: The voucher will be distributed via email by early April (latest by mid-April). It will be sent to the main email address of your Databricks Academy account. Please make sure that you unblock the following email addresses: “noreply@academy.databricks.com” and “noreply.userenablement@databricks.com”. 

Q: Can I combine the voucher with other offers like success credits?

A: No. The certification voucher cannot be combined with other offers or success credits.

Login

Q: I can’t log into Databricks Academy. Where can I get help?

A: You can raise a Training Help ticket here.

22 REPLIES 22

ras_sriva
New Contributor III

Can this course be started before 29th feb, or only within mentioned duration to be started and complete in order to get voucher?

s_park
Valued Contributor II
Valued Contributor II

You can start the course before 29 February 2024. You just need to complete it within the duration of the festival (i.e. 29 February 2024 - 13 March 2024).

ras_sriva
New Contributor III

Thank you!

Pawan_TCS
New Contributor II

I have completed  "Generative AI Engineering with Databricks  ", Can I get the voucher?

s_park
Valued Contributor II
Valued Contributor II

Hi, please refer to the below FAQs for details:

Q: What are the requirements or how can I qualify for the 50%-off Databricks certification voucher? 

A: A 50%-off Databricks certification voucher (worth US$100) will be given to the first 1,000 users who complete at least one of the above 6 courses within the duration of the virtual Databricks Learning Festival (i.e. 29 February 2024 - 13 March 2024). In other words, below are the requirements:

1. Complete at least one of the 6 courses above; AND
  2. Complete the course(s) within the duration of 29 February 2024 - 13 March 2024; AND
  3. Be the first 1,000 users to complete the course(s)

Q: How can I receive the voucher and when can I receive it?

A: The voucher will be distributed via email by early April (latest by mid-April). It will be sent to the main email address of your Databricks Academy account. Please make sure that you unblock the following email addresses: “noreply@academy.databricks.com” and “noreply.userenablement@databricks.com”.

ras_sriva
New Contributor III

Hi,

How do you consider timezones differences to determine first 1,000 users?

s_park
Valued Contributor II
Valued Contributor II

It is applied globally to the first 1,000 users.

Yes, What Time Zone is being considered for the Databricks Learning Festival (Virtual) 29th Feb-13th March 2024?

JmauryS
New Contributor II

Exactly my question I had, thanks for asking and thanks to the admins for responding 🙂

ajmalbinnizam
New Contributor II

I have a Partner Academy account and I'm planning to do the Data Engineering with Databricks course. However, with the provided link https://partner-academy.databricks.com/learn/course/2280/data-engineering-with-databricks, it's showing, "The course you requested is not accessible to you at the moment. Please contact your Administrator for more information."

But, when I searched for the course, I found the course at https://partner-academy.databricks.com/learn/course/1266/data-engineering-with-databricks.
So, my question is, by completing this course, will I get the voucher, or is it mandatory to do the course in the above link?

s_park
Valued Contributor II
Valued Contributor II

Hi, 

The two links you have shared are considered as two separate courses. Only links and courses, provided in the original post, are applicable for the voucher eligibility. In other words, you have to use the provided link and not other links, since you will not be captured as 'completed' if you use other links.

Here are some potential ways that may help resolve the issue:

• Logging into the Partner Academy before clicking the link
  • Getting off of VPN
  • Using the most updated Internet browser version also helps.

On a separate note, in the past few days, there have been a few technical issues with our 3P Learning Management System at the backend. The provider and our team are working on it resolve it within the next few days. We would recommend trying to log back in and click the link in early next week.

I have the same issue in course "Scalable Machine Learning with Apache Spark".

Partner academy course is  "partner-academy.databricks.com/learn/course/1322/scalable-machine-learning-with-apache-spark"

Event link course "partner-academy.databricks.com/learn/course/2282/scalable-machine-learning-with-apache-spark....."

Can I get help?

s_park
Valued Contributor II
Valued Contributor II

Hi, 

The following may help: log into Partner Academy first, and then click on the link provided in the original post above.

Same message at "/learn/course/2282/", even secret mode 

I proceeding "learn/course/1322" course, is it any matter?

If impossible, I will try next learning festival.

thank you.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.