DELETE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apache Spark Developer Learning Plan Classroom Setup Errors

jmartin00
New Contributor III

I'm registered for the apache spark developer learning plan and I'm trying to go through the provided notebooks. When running classroom setup I get an error "Unable to mount /mnt/training" caused by "StorageException: Server failed to authenticate the request. Make sure the value of Authorization header is formed correctly including the signature."

Any ideas on what is causing this? I believe it might be that the provided keys to the storage accounts provided in the includes folders are not correct.

ClassRoomSetupError

3 REPLIES 3

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Jim Martin​, It's possible that the provided keys for the storage accounts are incorrect, causing the authentication error. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:

• Double-check the credentials: Make sure that you have the correct credentials for the storage account. You can verify this by logging in to the Azure portal and checking the access keys for the storage account.

• Check the firewall settings: Ensure that the firewall settings for the storage account are configured correctly. You may need to add your IP address to the allowed list.
  • Check the date and time on your computer: Ensure that the date and time on your computer are correct. If they are incorrect, it can cause authentication issues.
  • Try regenerating the access keys: If none of the above steps works, restore the access keys for the storage account and update the credentials in the classroom setup accordingly.

jmartin00
New Contributor III

Hi @Kaniz Fatma​, the keys are provided by databricks in the setup scripts so unfortunately we don't have control over these keys, they are embedded in the setup scripts provided for the lesson.

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Jim Martin​, In that case, you may need to report the issue and request assistance.

We should be able to help you troubleshoot the issue and provide guidance on resolving it.

You can file a Databricks support case through the Databricks console.

Ensure to provide us with as much detail as possible about the error message and the steps you've taken to resolve it.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.