cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Get Started Discussions
Start your journey with Databricks by joining discussions on getting started guides, tutorials, and introductory topics. Connect with beginners and experts alike to kickstart your Databricks experience.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Adding NFS storage as external volume (Unity)

phguk
New Contributor III

Can anyone share experience (or point me to another reference) that describes how to configure Azure Blob storage which has NFS enabled as an external volume to Databricks ?

I've succeeded in adding SMB storage to Databricks but (if I understand properly) the use of NFS disables public network access to the storage.

Thanks in advance 

4 REPLIES 4

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

phguk
New Contributor III

Apologies for the delay & many thanks for responding. Yes I've been able to mount my premium storage + NFS container as an external volume to Databricks.

walter
New Contributor II

hi @phguk could you share how you managed to create an external volume referencing to an azure fileshare ?are you using Unity catalog for this ? it was my understanding this is not possible.

phguk
New Contributor III

Yes I'm using Unity catalog and have defined my storage account as external storage volume to Databricks. Databricks are very clear that really you should limit access using Unity. Direct access to the storage account rather undermines the security implemented by Unity.

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group