cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Get Started Discussions
Start your journey with Databricks by joining discussions on getting started guides, tutorials, and introductory topics. Connect with beginners and experts alike to kickstart your Databricks experience.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking for Databricks Study Materials/Resources

MKSodhi
New Contributor II

Hello,
Iโ€™m looking for study materials or resources to help me learn Databricks more effectively. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

01001101 01001011
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Rishabh-Pandey
Esteemed Contributor
In this play list all Azure Databricks videos are placed in sequence order from basics to advanced concepts.

szymon_dybczak
Contributor

Hi @MKSodhi , 

If you're new to apache spark I would start with following book. You can get it for free from databricks site:

https://pages.databricks.com/202003-US-EB-Learning-Spark-2nd-Edition_01_Downloadpage.html

Next, you can setup account on databricks community edition. You'll get access to datbricks environment for free where you will be able to practice. 

If you work for company that is customer of datbricks, you can also apply for access to databricks academy, which has plenty of great learning materials. Last but not least, there are a lot of great yt channels like advancing analytics. Try to use them.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Rishabh-Pandey
Esteemed Contributor
In this play list all Azure Databricks videos are placed in sequence order from basics to advanced concepts.

szymon_dybczak
Contributor

Hi @MKSodhi , 

If you're new to apache spark I would start with following book. You can get it for free from databricks site:

https://pages.databricks.com/202003-US-EB-Learning-Spark-2nd-Edition_01_Downloadpage.html

Next, you can setup account on databricks community edition. You'll get access to datbricks environment for free where you will be able to practice. 

If you work for company that is customer of datbricks, you can also apply for access to databricks academy, which has plenty of great learning materials. Last but not least, there are a lot of great yt channels like advancing analytics. Try to use them.

igor779
New Contributor II

If you have access to the content that partner companies provide, that would be the ideal way to start using Databricks in all aspects and specialize in the area you want, such as machine learning or data engineering. If you don't, there are many free resources available on YouTube, like this playlist: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxy0DxWEupiNjGSv1hzRFBXgSzV-bZu94&si=0P1uac9F74ZuR4wC.

MKSodhi
New Contributor II

@igor779@Rishabh-Pandey and @szymon_dybczak .
Thank you all for the suggestions! Unfortunately, I donโ€™t have access to content from partner companies and mainly rely on free resources for my studies.

01001101 01001011

Rishabh-Pandey
Esteemed Contributor

@MKSodhi  that is why I gave you the youtube playlist

Rishabh Pandey

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group