cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get Started Discussions
Start your journey with Databricks by joining discussions on getting started guides, tutorials, and introductory topics. Connect with beginners and experts alike to kickstart your Databricks experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run a job with an Azure service principal

Phani1
Valued Contributor

We had a problem in pointing out the Service Principal in the “Run as” option of workflow. Below are the details about the issue we are facing.

Issue Details:

I had created a Workflow in Azure Databricks workspace to automate the Data movement process. As this workflow is created by me, currently it is using my user account to run the job. However, as a best practice I had created a Service Principal in Azure and provided all the required permissions to the Databricks Resource.

And then, I had added relevant Service Principal details in Databricks Workspace (Admin Settings -- > Service Principals tab) and applied both the Service Principal Manager and User Permissions.

After that when I edit the Run As option in the workflow , I am not seeing Service Principal in the drop down provided. Instead, I am seeing the following message under the Service Principal section “We couldn’t find Service Principals you can bind to Jobs”.

Am I missing anything here to implement the above feature? Please provide your inputs.

Note:

1. I have admin permission to Workspace.
  2. Tried different methods – added Service Principal as Is Owner under Permissions Tab

Please find the same information in the below screenshots.

Phani1_0-1692256727118.pngPhani1_1-1692256735431.png

1 REPLY 1

Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi, Could you please confirm if the service principle is already added to the workspace via admin console? 

https://docs.databricks.com/en/administration-guide/users-groups/service-principals.html#assign-a-se...

Please tag @Debayan with your next comment, which will get me notified. Thanks!

Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!