cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Training offerings
Explore discussions on Databricks training programs and offerings within the Community. Get insights, recommendations, and support from peers to maximize your learning experience and advance your skills in data analytics and machine learning.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lab for Common Applications with Large Language Models

MathewSa
New Contributor

I'm doing a self paced course on Generative AI Engineering with Data and the first lab for common application with LLMs have assignments to complete. Is this lab doable in community edition of databricks ? Should i do a upgrade or is there any other lab credentials for the course. Appreciate any help

2 REPLIES 2

feiyun0112
Contributor III

bkfactpanda
New Contributor II

Hi @MathewSa ,

if you take the self paced course of databricks generative AI engineering course that i available at Databricks Academy website , you can run some of the LLM notebooks on databricks community edition with  Databricks runtime(s): 13.3.x-cpu-ml-scala2.12, 13.3.x-gpu-ml-scala2.12. This is applicable only for running small workloads. 

For heavy workloads of course you need to upgrade your databricks subscription. Overall I think the Academy LLM courses are very nicely designed by Databricks Team. For exploring and get an initial good amount of understanding this course should be recommended for all LLM/Gen-AI Engineers and enthusiasts.