cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decrypt and encrypted column in delta lake table in PowerBI

nikhilkumawat
New Contributor III

Hi Team,

I have a delta table in databricks which contains a encrypted column. For encrypting I am using databricks "aes_encrypt" function. For reference: https://docs.databricks.com/en/sql/language-manual/functions/aes_encrypt.html#aes_encrypt-function

I am using Power BI to visualize data from this table and other tables. And I want to decrypt this data in PowerBI as per user. Meaning I can have two groups of users in PowerBI, say Group1 and Group2, where if a user is part of Group1 he will be able to see decrypted data on PowerBI side but if a user is of Group2 he should see only encrypted data. 

On Databricks side I am able to create dynamic views using which I can encrypt and decrypt data on databricks side but not able to do it on PowerBI side. Any help or suggestion how can we decrypt data on user basis on PowerBI side would be really helpful. 

Thanks In Advance.

1 REPLY 1

feiyun0112
Contributor
Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.