Warehousing & Analytics
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ganglia metrics missing for jobs/clusters

vitali
New Contributor II

Hello, we have long running spark streaming job cluster. But there are no any metrics (Could not fetch metrics) and if i click Ganglia link - i get 502 Bad Gateway

2 REPLIES 2

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Vitaly Zasimovichโ€‹ , Ganglia metrics are available only if the job runs for more than 15 minutes. For assignments completed within 15 minutes, the metrics won't be available.

How to fix a 502 Bad Gateway error 

There are several critical steps that users can take to attempt to fix a 502 Bad Gateway error.

1. Refresh your browser: Refresh your browser: One of the simplest tricks that can help resolve the issue is to refresh the browser a few times. The error can sometimes be displayed due to a server becoming overloaded with requests - a topic that is often resolved quickly. Refreshing the browser and sending new proposals to the website can help rest the connection and get your browsing back up.
  2. Clear your browser cache: Every browser is different, but modern browsers such as ChromeFirefoxSafari, and Microsoft Edge make it easy to find this setting, often located in the browser history section. Clearing the cache is another effective way to overcome 502 bad gateway errors, so itโ€™s worth trying, just in case.
  3. Temporarily disable your firewall: Weโ€™ll preface this by saying that a firewall should always be active, and it is not recommended to disable it for any significant time. But in some cases, disabling it and successfully re-attempting to connect to the website may indicate a problem with the firewallโ€™s settings, which can be usually altered through the admin console of your security provider.
  4. Check with monitoring sites: If this doesn't work, you could always turn to online services such as Down for everyone or just me? or Down detector. These monitor the web for any outages and allow users to report any problems they may be encountering. If it's an issue affecting not just you, then the chances are others will have said it, and the more people are reporting problems, the more likely itโ€™s a prolonged issue.
  5. Use a VPN to access the site: Various online virtual private networks (VPNs), such as Hide My *** and others, can reroute your connection before you access the site. This means you'll be able to figure out whether any issues may have popped up with your ISP, for example, when ISPs block access to specific sites for any particular reason.
  6. Examine web server logs: If this error persists, it may require some further investigation to find a solution. Examining web server logs when the error occurs will be an excellent place to start. If you are the website owner, you can check your FQDN (fully qualified domain name) is correctly resolving. You can also check if a server is reachable via a ping text or traceroute.

vitali
New Contributor II

Hi as i mentioned above its a long running streaming job.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.