Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta Lake Python

delta_lake
New Contributor

I have setup a virtual environment inside my existing hadoop cluster. Since the current cluster does not have spark >3 , so i installed delta spark using virtual environment. While trying to access the hdfs which is kerberose one, Getting below error. Can you one help to advise on this

Client auth mode SIMPLE, mechanism is not supported on zone, Auth:kerberos_only

from delta import *

builder = pyspark.sql.SparkSession.builder.appName("MyApp") \
   .config("spark.sql.extensions", "io.delta.sql.DeltaSparkSessionExtension") \
   .config("spark.sql.catalog.spark_catalog", "org.apache.spark.sql.delta.catalog.DeltaCatalog")

spark = configure_spark_with_delta_pip(builder).getOrCreate()
spark.read.parquet("hdfs/parquet_path")

3 REPLIES 3

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ delta lake! My name is Kaniz, and I'm the technical moderator here. Great to meet you, and thanks for your question! Let's see if your peers on the community have an answer to your question first. Or else I will follow up with my team and get back to you soon.Thanks.

User16753724663
Valued Contributor

Hi @Vasanth P​ ,

Could you please confirm the DBR version that you are using in the cluster?

There are multiple DBR versions that is available with different spark and scala version which can utilised directly in databricks cluster.

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Vasanth P​ ​ , Just a friendly follow-up. Do you still need help or the above responses help you to find the solution? Please let us know.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.