cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parsing deeply nested XML in Databricks

SreedharVengala
New Contributor III

Hi Guys,

Can someone point me to libraries to parse XML files in Databricks using Python / Scala.

Any link to blog / documentations will be helpful.

Looked into https://docs.databricks.com/data/data-sources/xml.html.

Want to parse XSD's, seem this is experimental in DBR.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Sreedhar Vengala​ , Please find attached the link related to XML Data Source for Apache Spark. Let me know if it helps.

You'll find these things in the above provided link -

• This package supports to process format-free XML files in a distributed way, unlike JSON datasource in Spark restricts in-line JSON format.

• Compatible with Spark 3.0 and later with Scala 2.12, and also Spark 3.2 and later with Scala 2.12 or 2.13. Scala 2.11 and Spark 2 support ended with version 0.13.0.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @SreedharVengala! My name is Kaniz, and I'm the technical moderator here. Great to meet you, and thanks for your question! Let's see if your peers on the community have an answer to your question first. Or else I will follow up with my team and get back to you soon.Thanks.

SreedharVengala
New Contributor III

Thanks Kaniz Fatma!

You're most welcome @Sreedhar Vengala​ .

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sreedhar Vengala​ - I heard back from the team. As you noted, the feature is still experimental and not supported at this time.

I would like to assure you that the team is aware of this. I have no information about a time frame to make this a supported feature.

I hope that helps a bit.

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Sreedhar Vengala​ , Please find attached the link related to XML Data Source for Apache Spark. Let me know if it helps.

You'll find these things in the above provided link -

• This package supports to process format-free XML files in a distributed way, unlike JSON datasource in Spark restricts in-line JSON format.

• Compatible with Spark 3.0 and later with Scala 2.12, and also Spark 3.2 and later with Scala 2.12 or 2.13. Scala 2.11 and Spark 2 support ended with version 0.13.0.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.