Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to submit multiple queries to data bricks SQL END POINT using REST API ?

Manoj
Contributor II

Is there a way to submit multiple queries to data bricks SQL END POINT using REST API ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BilalAslamDbrx
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

@Manoj Kumar Rayalla​  DBSQL currently limits execution to 10 concurrent queries per cluster so there could be some queuing with 30 concurrent queries. You may want to turn on multi-cluster load balancing to horizontally scale with 1 more cluster for this level of concurrency.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Piper_Wilson
New Contributor III

Hello, @Manoj Kumar Rayalla​ - My name is Piper and I'm one of the moderators for Databricks. Welcome and thank you for your question. Let's give it a bit longer to see what the community has to say. Otherwise, we'll circle back around.

BilalAslamDbrx
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

Hi @Manoj Kumar Rayalla​  -- not yet. We currently support ODBC/JDBC but are looking into a SQL API. If you're interested please contact me at bilal dot aslam at databricks dot com and tell me what you're trying to do. I'll be happy to help!

Manoj
Contributor II

Sorry @Piper Wilson​  @Bilal Aslam​ , Sorry for not being complete, I am trying to submit 30 queries at a time to see the performance of SQL End Point, Accordingly i would have to plan for the size of it.

BilalAslamDbrx
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

@Manoj Kumar Rayalla​  DBSQL currently limits execution to 10 concurrent queries per cluster so there could be some queuing with 30 concurrent queries. You may want to turn on multi-cluster load balancing to horizontally scale with 1 more cluster for this level of concurrency.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.