Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

cluster will be running forever when we create new one or activate the terminated in community edition

Khaled
New Contributor III

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

I tried creating two clusters and both started and terminated faster.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Khaled ALZHARANIโ€‹ - My name is Piper and I'm one of the moderators for Databricks. Thank you for your post. Let's see what the rest of the community has to say before we circle back.

Khaled
New Contributor III

Hi Mrs Piper

this is the problem ,cluster will be running forever when we create new one or activate the terminated in community edition. this mean it takes very long time to be ready.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for clarifying!

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello @Khaled ALZHARANIโ€‹ , Could you please share the screenshot of the cluster event logs? I don't see much time taken by the cluster to be ready.

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

I tried creating two clusters and both started and terminated faster.

Khaled
New Contributor III

Hello Mr Prabaker

โ€‹ I have just created my account in Databricks today.

Is there ralation between the โ€‹hanging of the cloud and this. This happen also to a number of my friends

. When we create or also restart the cluster. It is like be stack with something

โ€‹

Khaled
New Contributor III

I also have deleted cluster three or four times . I don't know if this was the reason. My friends in college also experience some of this cluster hangingโ€‹

Hi @Khaled ALZHARANIโ€‹ ,

Did you check the status page for any outages that might have been impacted your cluster? Next time please check the status page link

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi @Khaled ALZHARANIโ€‹ this is more generic. To understand the cause we need to know

• from which browser are you trying and the version?
  • Are you accessing from your college network or home network?
  • How is the network bandwidth?
  • Also please share the screenshot of the event log.
  • You can check the driver logs to understand if there is any issue from the log4j output.

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

It is hard to help without logs.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.