Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DBFS FileStore html document not showing in the browser

Serhii
Contributor

hello all! I am using the guide https://docs.databricks.com/data/filestore.html to save folder of static html content to the DBFS FileStore directory (as a sub-directory) and have "enable DBFS web browsing" setting on but still I can't view the web pages in the browser (only download). For example, when I access index.html it just downloads it locally preventing browsing of the content folder. Am I missing something? Thanks a lot for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

@Sergii Ivakhno​ In FileStore you can save files, such as images and libraries, that are accessible within HTML and JavaScript when you call displayHTML. However when you try to access the link it will download the file to your local desktop.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

@Sergii Ivakhno​ , In my opinion, FileStore is created only to include files from there in notebooks using displayHTML function. That's why it probably returns a download by default.

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Sergii Ivakhno​ , Please check out this doc for a detailed explanation.

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Sergii Ivakhno​ , Just a friendly follow-up. Do you still need help, or @Hubert Dudek (Customer)​ 's response help you to find the solution? Please let us know.

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

@Sergii Ivakhno​ In FileStore you can save files, such as images and libraries, that are accessible within HTML and JavaScript when you call displayHTML. However when you try to access the link it will download the file to your local desktop.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.