Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Datepicker widget

Reza
New Contributor III

There are textbox and dropdown list widgets in Databricks. Is there any datepicker widget? If not, is there any plan to add it?

8 REPLIES 8

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

@Reza Rajabi​ , No, it is not 😞 I think at some meeting, someone discussed it. We can ask about it during the following office hours https://databricks.com/p/webinar/databricks-office-hours?utm_source=databricks&utm_medium=email&utm_...

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Reza Rajabi​ , There are 4 types of widgets as of now:

• text: Input a value in a text box.
  • dropdown: Select a value from a list of provided values.
  • combobox: Combination of text and dropdown. Select a value from a provided list or input one in the text box.
  • multiselect: Select one or more values from a list of provided values.

Please read the document - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/databricks/notebooks/widgets#widget-types

I'll get back to you on plans to add the datepicker widget.

Reza
New Contributor III

Hi Kaniz,

I think I mentioned that I am aware of the other widget types. My question was regarding the datepicker widget.

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Reza Rajabi​ , One will be available with ipywidgets when it goes to public preview. We anticipate that happening within the next couple of months.

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

Great News so we are waiting for ipywidgets and like @Reza Rajabi​ I am waiting for date picker 🙂

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yes @Hubert Dudek​ , We'll see that in the next couple of months.

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Reza Rajabi​ , Just a friendly follow-up. Do you still need help, or does my response help you to find the solution? Please let us know.

Reza
New Contributor III

You can update this question when the feature shows up in the next version

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.