Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to alter the text in a Databricks Job Alert Email?

Pete_M
New Contributor II

I have configured a Databricks job to send email alters to me whenever my job fails. However, I would very much like to alter the text in the Alert Email to something a little more bespoke. Is there any way to alter the text in email or even just the subject line text.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Peter Mayers​ ,

You can add one or more email addresses to notify when runs of this job begin, complete, or fail:

1. Click Edit alerts.
  2. Click Add.
  3. Enter the email address to notify and click the check box for each alert type to send to that address.
  4. To enter another email address for notification, click Add.
  5. If you do not want to receive alerts for skipped job runs, click the check box.
  6. Click Confirm.

imageIntegrate these email alerts with your favourite notification tools, including:

Unfortunately, email alert doesn't provide the option to alter it for now. However, If you want a new feature to be added here , you can request the feature here at this link:-https://docs.databricks.com/resources/ideas.html

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Peter Mayers​ ,

You can add one or more email addresses to notify when runs of this job begin, complete, or fail:

1. Click Edit alerts.
  2. Click Add.
  3. Enter the email address to notify and click the check box for each alert type to send to that address.
  4. To enter another email address for notification, click Add.
  5. If you do not want to receive alerts for skipped job runs, click the check box.
  6. Click Confirm.

imageIntegrate these email alerts with your favourite notification tools, including:

Unfortunately, email alert doesn't provide the option to alter it for now. However, If you want a new feature to be added here , you can request the feature here at this link:-https://docs.databricks.com/resources/ideas.html

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey there @Peter Mayers​ 

Hope all is well!

Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. 

We'd love to hear from you.

Thanks!

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.