cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to read from azure blob using SAS token\\

sunkam
New Contributor

I have tried many times all the answers from the internet and stackover flow

I have already created the config section before this steps, it passed but this below step is not executing.image

4 REPLIES 4

jakubk
Contributor

Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

@santh s​ , Could you please try to use the steps mentioned below in a notebook (Data location, type and account access key can be set before reading the data) :

https://docs.databricks.com/_static/notebooks/data-import/azure-blob-store.html

Vidula
Honored Contributor

Hi @santh s​ 

Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. 

We'd love to hear from you.

Thanks!

aockenden
New Contributor III

We were getting this problem when using directory-scoped SAS tokens. While I know there are a number of potential issues that can cause this problem, one potential explanation is that it turns out there is an undocumented spark setting needed on the cluster to enable directory-scoped SAS tokens. In your cluster's Spark config, add the following:

spark.hadoop.fs.azure.account.hns.enabled true

That solved it for us.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.