cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About privileges that clone a Git repository on Databricks

ao1
New Contributor III

Hi,​all

Do I need admin privileges to clone a Git repository on Databricks?

Cloning was not possible with an account that did not have administrator privileges.

Regards.

2 REPLIES 2

AmanSehgal
Honored Contributor III

Navigate to Settings > admin console > Workspace settings > Repos and check the value for "Repos Git URL Allow List permissions".

• When set to 'Disabled (no restrictions)', users can clone or commit and push to any Git repository.
  • When set to 'Restrict Clone, Commit & Push to allowed Git repositories', users can only clone or commit and push to Git repositories in the allow list.
  • When set to 'Only restrict Commit & Push to allowed Git repositories', users can commit and push to Git repositories in the allow list. Users can clone all Git repositories.

ao1
New Contributor III

Thank you for your response.

I now have a better understanding of this issue.

On a separate note, can you tell me if I need to have admin privilegesto add a repository?

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.