Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Tahseen0354
by Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

User's name is empty sometimes when a new user is added from admin console

Hi, when I add a new user from admin console, the name of the user is empty. It does not happen all the time. For some users, the username and name both are available. But for some new users, the value in the name column in the users list is empty. W...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
" src="" />
This widget could not be displayed.
  • 0 kudos

Hi, when I add a new user from admin console, the name of the user is empty. It does not happen all the time. For some users, the username and name both are available. But for some new users, the value in the name column in the users list is empty. W...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
Chris_Shehu
by Valued Contributor III
  • 8 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Do compute resources get removed after not being used for x number of days?

Currently we're getting reports of compute resources disappearing from one of our lesser used databricks platforms. I just turned on logging to see if we can find something but I'm wondering if a compute gets removed if it hasn't been used after so l...

• 8 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Hanna0805050
New Contributor II
  • 2 kudos

Pest Control Software to Grow Your Business Choosing the best pest control software for your business can have a powerful impact on your productivity. Fieldwork can help your workforce repel downtime, attract clients, get organized and get everything...

• 2 kudos
7 More Replies
Data_Engineer3
by Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Unable to read data from Elasticsearch with spark in Databricks.

When I am trying to read data from elasticsearch by spark sql, it throw an error like RuntimeException: Error while encoding: java.lang.RuntimeException: scala.collection.convert.Wrappers$JListWrapper is not a valid external type for schema of string...

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Vidula
Honored Contributor
  • 1 kudos

Hi there @KARTHICK N​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.T...

• 1 kudos
3 More Replies
rodrigocms
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Connect to SSAS

Hello everyone,I need to connect Databricks Pyspark to get information from Power BI XLMA EndPoint - the end point work as an SSAS host.So, I'm trying to find what I need to do to connect to SSAS tabular. Can anyone help?Many thanks.Rodrigo Souza

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Vidula
Honored Contributor
  • 0 kudos

Hey there @Rodrigo Camara de Souza​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to h...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
vk217
by Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Databricks migration from 7.3 LTS to X.x

We are currently on 7.3 LTS version with Python 3.7. I see that we are several versions off the latest 11.1 release https://docs.databricks.com/release-notes/runtime/releases.html.I see that the End of support for 11.1 is earlier than 10.4 LTS. What ...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Vikas B​, The following release notes provide information about Databricks Runtime 11.1, powered by Apache Spark™ 3.3.0. Databricks released these images in July 2022.

• 0 kudos
GoldenTuna
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Bulk removal of inactive users?

To make a long story short, through SCIM we accidentally provisioned 3,000+ users into our Databricks workspace who should not be there. We fixed the SCIM issue but now the workspaces tab is flooded with inactive user workspaces. Is there any way to ...

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Vidula
Honored Contributor
  • 1 kudos

Hello @David Kruetzkamp​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from yo...

• 1 kudos
2 More Replies
sabooalex
by New Contributor II
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

SCD type2 snowflake

I have monthly files which comes in S3 bucket. I want to implement SCD type2 in snowflake.I am ok to read the new files, clean it.My question is about comparing what I have read from the files, with what is stored in the snowflake table already(milli...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Anonymous
by Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

The Next Databricks Office HoursOur next Office Hours session is scheduled for January 25, 2022 - 8:00 am PDT Do you have questions about how to set u...

The Next Databricks Office HoursOur next Office Hours session is scheduled for January 25, 2022 - 8:00 am PDTDo you have questions about how to set up or use Databricks? Do you want to get best practices for deploying your use case or tips on data ar...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Hanna0805050
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Thank you for the opportunity to communicate. I work at https://www.eliteimagingsystems.com/ and know how important it is for our customers to be able to communicate with us 24/7.

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
jwilliam
by Contributor
  • 4 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! What is the maximum of concurrent streaming jobs for a cluster?

What is the maximum of concurrent streaming jobs for a cluster? How can I have the right amount of concurrent streaming jobs for different cluster configuration?Should I use multiple cluster for different jobs or combine it into a big cluster to hand...

• 4 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 4 kudos

Hi @John William​ , We haven't heard from you on the last response from @Prabakar​ , and I was checking back to see if his suggestions helped you. Or else, If you have any solution, please share it with the community as it can be helpful to others.Al...

• 4 kudos
3 More Replies
DipakBachhav
by New Contributor III
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

How to store SQL query result data on a local disk?

I am a newbie to data bricks and trying to write results into the excel/ CSV file using the below command but getting DataFrame' object has no attribute 'to_csv' errors while executing.I am using a notebook to execute my SQL queries and now want to s...

• 5 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Vidula
Honored Contributor
  • 1 kudos

Hi there @Dipak Bachhav​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from yo...

• 1 kudos
4 More Replies
Ruby8376
by Valued Contributor
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Anti pattern : moving data from cloud to on-prem

Hi there,In my current project, Current status: Az databricks streaming jobs migrate Json file from kafka to raw layer(parquet file), then parsing logic is applied and 8 tables are created in raw standardized layer.Requirement: Business team wants to...

• 9 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 1 kudos

Hi @Ruby Rubi​ , We haven’t heard from you on the last response from @Werner Stinckens​, and I was checking back to see if his suggestions helped you. Or else, If you have any solution, please do share that with the community as it can be helpful to ...

• 1 kudos
8 More Replies
MrT
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos

Python databricks-sql-connector TLS issue - client tries to negotiate v1 which fails many times then randomly tries to negotiate v1.3 which works

This issue is oddly only on an Azure Windows 10 VM. I Dont have this on my workstation or my personal computer so it seems to be host config related. The VM where the issue is i have a simple python script that connects to the Azure Databricks SQL en...

• 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
Vidula
Honored Contributor
  • 3 kudos

Hello @Wayne Theron​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.Th...

• 3 kudos
2 More Replies
Karthe
by New Contributor III
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos

I would like to access S3 data in databricks

Hi all,I am new to the databricks. I am trying to get the data from S3. The video tutoirals from the streaming platforms are accessing via access ID and secret access key. However, databricks is throwing a different options. I dont know what to fill...

• 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Vidula
Honored Contributor
  • 2 kudos

Hi @Karthikeyan Palanisamy​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from...

• 2 kudos
3 More Replies
Cano
by New Contributor III
  • 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Connecting Databricks Spark Cluster to Postgresql RDS Instance

I am trying to connect my Spark cluster to a Postgresql RDS instance. The Python notebook code that was used is seen below:df = ( spark.read \ .format("jdbc") \ .option("url", "jdbc:postgresql://<connection-string>:5432/database”)\ .option("dbt...

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
User16873043099
Contributor
  • 0 kudos

"Caused by: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: connect timed out" indicate the network connection between Databricks cluster and the postgress database on 5432 port was not established and eventually timed out.As a first step, please ensure the connect...

• 0 kudos
14 More Replies
aj19
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to trigger Azure Logic App from Azure Databricks?

I have an Azure Logic app which triggers whenever a HTTP Post request is received. I want to send this request from my notebook present in Azure Databricks workspace using scala and spark.​ Is it possible? If yes, then please guide on how to do it. T...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Vidula
Honored Contributor
  • 0 kudos

Hey there @Ayushri Jain​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from yo...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors