Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error with multiple FeatureLookup calls outside databricks

Nath
New Contributor II

I access databricks feature store outside databricks with databricks-connect on my IDE pycharm.

The problem is just outside Databricks, not with a notebook inside Databricks.

I use FeatureLookup mecanism to pull data from Feature store tables in my customer Dataframe (class FeatureLookup, API Training_set and load_df).

I need to add several Features from several Feature store tables. So I call this mecanism several times.

It doesn't work from 6th call. If I pull the 6th feature only, it works.

I have attached the StackTraceError.

The problem is in the file databricks\feature_store\utils\feature_lookup_utils.py, line : plan = spark.sql("explain cost select * from view").collect()[0][0]).

Thanks.

Nath

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

shan_chandra
Honored Contributor III
Honored Contributor III

ProtoSerializer is known to be prone to StackOverflow when very deep query plans are being used. Could you please try increasing the stack size of the client JVM with the spark conf -spark.driver.extraJavaOptions which can be defined in ${spark_home}/conf/spark-defaults.conf  (e.g,

spark.driver.extraJavaOptions -Xss4M

), where ${spark_home}  can be found with databricks-connect get-spark-home

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

shan_chandra
Honored Contributor III
Honored Contributor III

ProtoSerializer is known to be prone to StackOverflow when very deep query plans are being used. Could you please try increasing the stack size of the client JVM with the spark conf -spark.driver.extraJavaOptions which can be defined in ${spark_home}/conf/spark-defaults.conf  (e.g,

spark.driver.extraJavaOptions -Xss4M

), where ${spark_home}  can be found with databricks-connect get-spark-home

I was looking for the same, Thank you for the suggestion.

GMGlobalConnect

shan_chandra
Honored Contributor III
Honored Contributor III
Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.